4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup half & half or coconut milk (full fat)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup coconut flour (I recommend Coconut Secret brand)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Coconut oil or butter for frying (optional if using nonstick pan or griddle)
1. In a small bowl, beat eggs vigorously until frothy, about 2 minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, salt).
3. Stir the wet mixture into the dry; mix WELL. There is no need to worry about over beating with coconut flour. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. Batter should be really thick, like brownie batter.
4. While batter is thickening, preheat a griddle over medium to medium-low heat. Add butter or coconut oil, if needed. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, spreading the batter out to 2-3 inches in diameter. Cook for a few minutes, until the top starts to dry out and the bottom is lightly brown, then flip the pancakes over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve hot with butter and maple syrup or with fruit.