https://changeforthehealthofit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/logo_dark.png 0 0 Pam Mills https://changeforthehealthofit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/logo_dark.png Pam Mills2013-11-14 16:00:112013-11-14 16:00:11Gluten Free & Grain Free Muffins
Recipe adapted from The Sweet Spot
- 1 cup nut butter (ex. cashew, peanut, almond, and sunflower seed)
- 2 medium sized bananas (The more ripe, the sweeter!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (try making your own!)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey(or other sweeteners such as maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Toppings: dehydrated unsweetened coconut, raisins, flaxseed, dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and/or anything else you can think of. I added even more tupelo honey 😉 Feel free to lather on apple butter, strawberry preserves, or even more peanut butter. Ever heard of carrot jam? It’s very tasty with this snack, too!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. You can also use a stick blender if you have one.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin. You can also use a mini muffin tin to make 24 mini muffins.
- Add additional toppings of your choice to each muffin and lightly stir into each cup
- Cook time: 15 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins.
- Reheat in a toaster oven for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, or eat at room temperature.